Shopify is a well known ecommerce platform that thousands of retails use to host their online stores. It comes with multiple benefits for the business owner, and is relatively easy to set up and maintain. If you shop online, you are likely to have used a Shopify store many times without even realizing it. Below you can find some interesting facts about Shopify that you probably didn’t know!
Also Read: Top 40 Shopify Themes
1. Shopify actually started out as a store rather than a platform. In fact, it was never intended to be a platform for ecommerce at all. The first iteration of the company was an online store that sold snowboards. As a niche digital retailers, many other retailers were interested in its ecommerce software and started making inquiries about it.
2. Shopify’s founder is Tobias Lutke, and since the age of 11 he was already rewriting code to create his own games. He was also able to modify the hardware of computers, showing that he was destined for great things.
3. Shopify is now used in many countries around the world, but primarily in the United States. The 70.24% of all Shopify users come from the States, followed by Great Britain at 9.21%. Other countries that use it are Canada, Australia, Germany, France and various others, although their use is much smaller.
4. The consumer growth of Shopify has happened rapidly. Back in 2013, there were over 13 million online shoppers, in 2016, this number had grown to a staggering 100 million shoppers. That’s 1 in 3 people in the US.
5. Surprisingly, more people now shop on Shopify using mobile devices than on a desktop computer. This change in shopping behavior has only happened in recent years, with the overtaking of mobile uses taking place between 2015 and 2016.
7. Shopify provides its retailers and customers with a huge amount of support which comes in the form of downloadable guides, podcasts, blog posts, emails, live chats and phone calls. All of these services are used frequently and have helped countless people out.
9. Some huge brands use Shopify to sell products, some of which include Budweiser, The Economist, Red Bull, Gymshark, Tesla Motors, Penguin Books and many others.
A Nerd Geo-Scientist, I am Internet Power User, Graphic Designer, WordPressor & Best Of All Founder of NerdsHD Where I share Interesting & Useful Stuff For Like Minded People.